The weldcap® – an automatic welding bump cap, that combines the comforts of a leisure hat with the advantages of a full welding helmet. Predestined for users whose area of responsibility includes not only welding but also other metalworking tasks. You are performing changing working steps where the welding protection must be quickly put on and taken off? Then you will be enthusiastic about our weldcap® line .
Shade level 3 / 9 to 12
2.7 times the field of view of a standard industry welding helmet
Super light and super comfortable
On the occasion of the leading international Welding & Cutting trade fair in Essen, Optrel is presenting the new Optrel Weldcap® to the world. Since the Optrel Weldcap® is neither a welding helmet nor a welding mask, Optrel had to invent beside the product, also a new name for the product category.
Hence the name says it all, because the Weldcap® stands for an auto-darkening welder’s cap that brings together the comfort of a casual cap and the advantages of a full welding helmet. The heart of this innovative product is the optical unit featuring a well-defined nose cut out. Thereby the visual unit is placed closer to the eyes compared to traditional welding helmets, which helps to increase the welder’s line of sight by 2.7 times!
Moreover, because of this, the weight shifts closer to the centre of gravity so that the Weldcap® is excellently counterbalanced and the load on the back of the welder’s neck is significantly reduced. The Optrel Weldcap® weighs only 390 grams, so it is an absolutely lightweight. It relieves the welder of about 200 kg load capacity over a year, when compared to conventional welding helmets.
Darkening levels from 9 to 12 cover the majority of welding applications and with a protection level 3 in its general mode, the welder has a bright an well-lit view of the work-place This feature predestinates the Optrel Weldcap® for grinding jobs as well. The Optrel Weldcap® is also completely hygienic. The textile part is robust and easily detachable, and is made of easily-washable, flame retarded fabric.
Spare parts & accessories
- Weldcap front cover lens pack of 5 5000.260
- Weldcap inside cover lens pack of 5 5000.040
- Weldcap replacement ADF cartridge 5012.800
- Weldcap battery cover 5002.720
- Weldcap starter kit 5002.740
- Weldcap nose support 5002.700
- Weldcap replacement textile 5002.810
- Description Lightweight, comfortable welding mask with ADF (infinite shade selection 9-12) and grind mode (Shade Level 3). Compatible with standard hard hats.
- Shade levels
Active: shade levels 9-12
- Power supply 2 pcs batteries 3V exchangeable (CR2032)
- Operating time batteries 1’000h operating time (Standby 10’000h)
- Sensors Wide detection sensor
- Switching time
0.16 ms at room temperature
0.11 ms at 55°C / 131°F
Dark to light: 0.3 s
- Viewing area Improved wide viewing area due to nose cut-out.
- Classification EN379
Optical class: 1
Diffusion of light class: 1
Variations in luminous transmittance class: 2
Angle dependence of luminous transmittance class: 2
- Classification (textile) EN ISO 11611 Class 1, A1 + A2
EN175 / AS / NZS 1337.1 weldcap face shield, Class F
EN 166 / AS / NZS 1337.1 Front cover lens, Class B
ANSI Z87.1 Impact resistance, Class Z87+
- Shape stability
Welding mask: up to 180 °C / 356 °F
Front cover lens: up to 135 °C / 275 °F
- Eye protection Ultraviolet / Infrared Protection: maximum protection at any shade level
- Operating temperature -10 °C to +60 °C / 14 °F to 140 °F
- Storage temperature -20°C bis + 80°C / -4°F bis 176°F
- Weight appr. 400g
- Application ranges Gas welding, TIG welding, micro plasma welding, MIG welding, soldering with brass, spot welding, MMA welding with rutile electrode Prohibited for laser welding!
- Standards CE (EN 379, EN 166, EN 175), compl. CSA Z94 ANSI Z87.1, AS/NZS 1337.1/1338.1
- Warranty 2 years (except textile and batteries)