- Cubitron™ II cut-off wheels with precision-shaped grain are engineered to cut faster than competitive ceramic products, offering significant productivity gains
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown, for extra long life
- Rigid, reinforced resin-bonded wheel slices through almost all materials including stainless steel, mild steel, and aerospace alloys
- Wheel must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the power tool used
- MUST BE USED WITH ANSI-APPROVED FLANGES FOR TYPE 1 CUT-OFF WHEELS AND A WHEEL GUARD THAT FITS THE SIZE OF THE CUT-OFF WHEEL
3M™ Cubitron™ II Grinding Wheel is constructed of 3M precision-shaped ceramic grain to bring you an exceptionally fast-cutting and long-lasting rigid bonded wheel for heavy weld removal and other heavy-duty grinding applications. Our grinding wheel works well on almost all materials and is specially formulated for use on stainless steel, mild steel, and aerospace alloys.
For a grinding wheel which outperforms its competitors in cut and longevity, use 3M™ Cubitron™ II Depressed Centre Grinding Wheel. Our grinding wheels have 3M Precision Shaped Grain which provides a cool extra sharp cut long after other wheels are consumed. The Precision Shaped Grain forms into triangular points that slice through metal rather than gouging or ploughing like traditional abrasives. These points continuously self-sharpen as they fracture, generating an extremely fast cut. This lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discolouration. The depressed centre allows grinding at any angle without damaging the surrounding surface. Our grinding wheels are rigid resin bonded, are 7mm thick and are useful for removing welds from internal angles. They must be used with a wheel guard which fits the size of the wheel. The grinding wheels must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the grinder used.
- Use on almost all materials including stainless steel, mild steel and aerospace alloys
- For removing welds from internal angles